Making videos can be fun, but winning a contest with a video you made would be excellent! Nokia has announced their ’2008 Nokia Mobile Filmmaking Awards’ as a worldwide event.
Participants must submit videos that have something to do with acts of kindness, inspiring or even something that ‘makes you smile’ and be no longer than 2 minutes in length.
Pangea Day was created by documentary filmmaker Jehane Noujaim after winning the 2006 TED Prize. Noujaim, TED and Nokia then created Pangea Day to “connect people by harnessing the power of film and encouraging people to view the world through someone elses eyes.”
Contestants can upload entries to Share on Ovi. Consumers who register can vote to select five finalists, who will have their videos screened during the Pangea Day broadcast and win a trip to the live Pangea Day broadcast location in Los Angeles.
Videos will be considered for inclusion in the first Pangea Day broadcast event on May 10. Submissions are being taken at www.ovi.com/pangeaday. The contest runs until April 15.
A new service from Nokia, Ovi attempts to provide everything you need. According to their site: “Today, capturing great photos, videos and audio is easy. But until now, organizing it all has been tedious. And sharing it with the people who matter to you can be a major hassle. Now, Share on Ovi makes organizing and sharing your media as easy as capturing it with an easy-to-use site where you can be comfortable inviting your friends and family.”
What can you do with Ovi?
- Organize and manage all of your media in one placeâ€”we support more than 100 types of files.
- Share your media your way: privately with one person or with a group, or publicly with the whole worldâ€”you are always in control.
- Bring every participant’s media together to enrich the experience of your team, clubs or other groups.
- Republish your media anywhere on the Webâ€”with access to fun display features such as slideshows and tickers.
- Find cool new people and media with easy browsing and searching on Share on Ovi.
- Capture the moment wherever you are with one-step sharing from your PC or camera phone.
- Invite people to view your media without forcing them to sign up.
- Get unlimited media storage and unlimited uploads, and a 100 mb maximum file size with your free account.
Best of all, it’s free! Another great tool for people to use for storing and sharing all the memories we capture in our digital lifestyle.
Source: Nokia Seeks Short Film Entries