Cellphone lovers tend to buy more unlocked phones these days because many features are cut out of the phones purchased from carriers including Verizon, and T-Mobile. Reduction in features reduces the cost – and thereby allows them to sell phones for less or provide them at reduced costs when purchased with a service plan. CompUSA customers have had access to unlocked GSM phones for some time and with unlocked CDMA phones compatible with Verizon and Sprint on the horizon with their new ‘open platform’ approach – the advantages to no contract extension requirement and sometimes many more features – makes them a winner.
People who have purchased unlocked n-Series Nokia cellphones, specifically the models based on the Symbian Series 60 OS, including the N81, N81 8GB, N82, N95 and N95 8GB, were provided a treat today – their phones are completely ready to participate in the new Nokia N-Gage game download service.
AT&T was announced as a big winner in the FCC Auction of frequency for next generation wireless services, and with AT&T expecting to deliver AT&T 3G services to nearly 350 major U.S. markets by the end of the year, they are already planning for the years ahead when our bandwidth needs are greater and more digital mobile services are in use.
With broadband speeds in the hundreds of Megabits – this is no slow connection and promises much for the future of wireless.
CompUSA customers tend to be a bit more hip than the average bear – and you are probably using the internet more than your peers on mobile devices – and according to Google – more than ever.
When nobody was using the Internet on the phone, I was. When nobody had a Blackberry, I did. When nobody had Windows Mobile, I did. Now, I just have a phone. While the allure of the iPhone and some of the other sexy GSM devices that have been coming out – I’m not sure exactly how I feel about mobile computing – although I love using my iPod Touch on WiFi – and having that everywhere would be nice – but after spending 20 hours a day on a computer – do you need more time to be connected?
Keeping your phone on you is something I’d estimate about 30% of us do – the remaining 70% haven’t yet become addicted to their cellphone. SMS, IMs and the proliferation of and Blackberry and related devices have made holding your phone nearly a necessity – at least in our own mind. But not everyone carries their cellular phone.
Some of those not carrying phones were stuck in an elevator at their worksite for two days. Leaving their phones in the car, they didn’t expect to be at the job for more than an hour. A sudden stop by the elevator – and no response by pushing the phone button – put their one hour job into overtime.
Cellphones are an intimate part of the human anatomy for many people during these ADD riddled times. While some may find their cellphone without power on the kitchen counter when they actually are leaving to go somewhere, many of us are actually attached to our phones for most hours of the day, save sleeping time.
I wake up to my cellular phone’s alarm clock – and not all by myself. The RIM BlackberryTM has become an integral part of many up-and-coming executives these days. Executives truly give themselves the leisure to set aside their Blackberry (if they have one) and the young and hungry, ADD symptom-laden, can’t remember mom’s birthday without a ping from Outlook – they are depending on these devices for their lives.
Gullible Americans? Word has it that Americans receive fewer ads via text messages than their European counterparts, yet are more likely respond. This tidbit comes from M:Metrics a mobile measurement firm from Seattle, via Seattle Times technology columnist Tricia Duryee, who writes:
Nokia has announced a product advisory for the Nokia-branded BL-5C battery manufactured by Matsushita Battery Industrial Co. Ltd. of Japan between December 2005 and November 2006. This product advisory does not apply to any other Nokia battery.
Nokia has identified that in very rare cases the affected batteries could potentially experience over heating initiated by a short circuit while charging, causing the battery to dislodge. Nokia is working closely with relevant local authorities to investigate this situation and has announced a free battery replacement program for affected units.